"The Kerala Story" is a highly anticipated Hindi film that has garnered significant attention since its theatrical release on May 5. Despite facing controversies right after the trailer launch, the movie has managed to captivate audiences and break several records. It turned out to be the first ever female-centric film to cross the INR 200 crore mark.
The film has been struggling hard to find OTT buyers and it still hasn’t found one. With its plot based on true events from Kerala, the film explores the lives of three women from different religions who are abducted and forced into a life of turmoil.
Director Sudipto Sen, in an interview, shared that they are unable to get any offer from any digital media platform. He believes that the film industry has ganged up against them.
“We still haven’t got a suitable offer from any OTT platform for The Kerala Story,”he said.
“We are still waiting for a good, workable deal from any of the main OTT platforms. But so far, we have not got any offer worth considering. It seems the film industry has ganged up to punish us,” the director added.
The Kerala Story director feels that the box office success of their film has displeased some sections of the industry, which is why they have now teamed up to punish them, reports India Today.
“Our box office success has irked many sections of the film industry. We have a feeling that a section of the entertainment industry has united to punish us for our success”, said Sudipto Sen.
Adah Sharma starrer The Kerala Story was banned in certain states of India as its plot involved ISIS and religion.