Thu, 30 March 2023
The Daily Ittefaq

HAAB announces private hajj package: Minimum cost set at Tk 6.72lakh

Update : 02 Feb 2023, 14:00

Hajj Agencies Association of Bangladesh (HAAB) has announced package for performing hajj under private management this year fixing minimum cost at Tk 6,72, 618.

M Shahadat Hossain, president of HAAB, announced the package at a program in the city on Thursday.

This year, the cost for performing hajj under private management has increased by Tk1.49lakh.

Earlier on Wednesday, the government fixed Tk 6,83,018 as the cost for each pilgrim to perform hajj this year.

Hajj-2023 will be held on 9th day of Zilhaj (June 28) depending on moon sighting.

The government signed an agreement with Saudi Arabia over hajj on January 9.

According to the agreement, 15,000 people will be able to go to Hajj under government management while 1,12,198 can go under private management.

Biman Bangladesh Airlines will carry 50% passengers while Saudia Airlines will carry 50% passengers.

Besides, the age limit for Hajj pilgrims during the pandemic has been lifted by the Saudi government – paving the way for people over 65 to go for the significant pilgrimage.

According to the ‘Route to Mecca initiative' deal, all hajj pilgrims will complete their pre-arrival immigration in Dhaka.

In case of Covid vulnerable situation, the Saudi authorities can take a decision about the number of the pilgrimage.

This year, 70% Bangladeshi pilgrims will go through Jeddah Airport while the rest 30% will go through Madinah airport.

More on this topic

More on this topic