Thu, 18 April 2024
The Daily Ittefaq

46 die due to carbon monoxide inhalation: Health Minister

Update : 01 Mar 2024, 12:56

Health Minister Samanta Lal Sen said this morning that at least 46 people died and 12 were injured in last night's fire at a seven-storey building on Bailey Road in the capital. 

He said this while addressing reporters after visiting the injured victims at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital and Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

The 46 people died due to inhalation of carbon monoxide, he mentioned.

He added that 10 out of the 12 injured undergoing treatment at the burn institute are not out of danger, as their throats were burnt in the fire.

The Minister said ''two other injured patients are also undergoing treatment at the DMCH." He also told reporters that the government would bear all treatment costs for the injured people.

More on this topic

More on this topic